This webinar highlighted NDTAC’s recently updated issue brief, Family Involvement (2nd ed.). Authors Kia Jackson, Okori Christopher, and Katie Penkoff provided an overview of the publication which is primarily designed to assist practitioners in their efforts to engage families in the education and treatment of youth at risk for or involved in the juvenile justice system.
This webinar touched upon topics from the brief including the evolving definition of family, compelling reasons for engaging families, and promising advances in the field. In addition, this webinar also featured facility personnel from Ohio's Department of Youth Services who are actively engaging families through the provision of notable and innovative engagement supports or services.
- Kia Jackson, Research Assistant, American Institutes for Research
- Katie Penkoff, Senior TA Consultant, American Institutes for Research
- Okori Christopher, Project Technology Specialist, American Institutes for Research
- Kevin Shepherd, Bureau Chief of Unit Management, Ohio Department of Youth Services
- Andrew Janning, Parole Services Manager, Ohio Department of Youth Services
- NDTAC Webinar: Family Involvement: How to Engage Families of Youth Involved in Juvenile Justice 2nd Edition
- Quick Reference Guide for Families of Youth at DYS - Ohio Department of Youth Services
- Ohio Department of Youth Services Youth and Family Handbook
- Connecting Loved Ones Sooner than Expected (CLOSE) Brochure - Ohio Department of Youth Services
View webinar recording