This guide presents practical strategies that a family can use in building a relationship with their child's facility school program and keeping their child on track to complete school and become a successful young adult. This guide is both a stand-alone document and Tool 1 in NDTAC's Facility Toolkit for Engaging Families.
Download Full Guide (PDF|MS Word)
- Connecting With Your Child's Facility School
- Making Sure That Your Child Is Doing Well in the Facility School Program
- Visiting Your Child at the Facility
- Connecting With Other Families for Information and Support
- Helping the Facility School and System to Improve
- Preparing for Your Child to Return Home and to a Community School